Mark Guymer, Cancer Support UK’s CEO has announced the charity’s vision for the next three years in the following statement:
“2022 was another challenging year, but I am very proud that Cancer Support UK was able to provide help to thousands of individuals during and after their cancer treatment.
“As well as delivering our Cancer Coach and Cancer Kits, we successfully launched our Workplace Cancer Support training services to ensure that from now on every organisation can also support those impacted by cancer.
“We all know that the next few years will be challenging, but we are determined to do more. This is why we have developed our three year plan.
“I hope that you will support us on this ambitious journey. This is a bold plan but with our supporters and partners we are confident that we can achieve great things and we are going to do everything we can to deliver these commitments to make a better world for those impacted by cancer.”
Cancer Support UK’s three commitments
We believe in a future world where those impacted by cancer should not suffer needlessly and we will play our part to achieve this by delivering the following three commitments by 2025.
- Cancer Coach will be made available to 10 000 or more individuals who will benefit from FREE emotional support following their Cancer treatment.
- Every one of the 2000 children diagnosed with Cancer in the UK will be provided with a FREE Kids’ Cancer Kit.
- By 2025 we will train over 10,000 Workplace Cancer Support Ambassadors ensuring that at least one million or more individuals impacted by cancer in the workplace can have the right conversations and feel supported to deliver better outcomes for all.
How you can support us
We hope you are as excited as we are with our new commitments. We know it’s a big vision, but we are confident that we can achieve it with your support. This is how you can help us:
- Introduce us to organisations, so we can train Workplace Cancer Support Ambassadors.
- Spread the word about Cancer Coach and Cancer Kits through local hospitals/medical centres/grass roots community groups. Download our Cancer Support UK brochure.
- Share information about Cancer Coach with someone with a primary cancer diagnosis (stage 1-3) who has completed their cancer treatment. Download our Cancer Coach leaflet.
Thank you so much.