We’re delighted to report that we’ve received the most wonderful feedback from the Mondelēz UK employees who recently attended our Workplace Cancer Support Ambassador training.
Employers like Mondelēz have an essential role in supporting anyone affected by cancer, whether they have an actual diagnosis or are caring for someone with cancer.
Their responses show that the training we’ve developed is on the right track to ensure that more people are equipped to understand the pressures faced by people affected by cancer.
Thank you Mondelēz – we loved training your people – they will all do a brilliant job supporting colleagues, friends and family.
- “It felt like a very safe space to discuss the topic, and I feel better equipped to support someone facing cancer, whether they are a friend or family member.”
- “A really helpful guide to cancer awareness and training.”
- “The training was thought provoking and delivered extremely well. Thank you for making this training available.”
- “I thoroughly enjoyed the training. It was good to connect with others and share knowledge and experiences. Being a Cancer Ambassador will enable me to support/advise colleagues, family and friends.”
- “The training was brilliant. I am happy to become a Cancer Ambassador and will do my best to help support friends, colleagues and their families.”
- “Great training today and a fabulous interactive team. Great to become a Cancer Ambassador and to be able to support and help colleagues, friends and family.”
- “Very pleased to be part of this scheme. Hopefully, we can help make a difficult situation a little easier to navigate.”
For further information about Cancer Support UK’s Cancer Support Ambassador training, please contact: Olivia Gray, Head of Learning and Development. Em: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 07763630954.