Staff training on how to communicate about cancer
Coming into regular contact with customers and colleagues with a diagnosis of cancer is a common occurrence for many private, public and third sector organisations. Our experience has shown that many staff feel ill-equipped to have conversations about cancer.
Suitable for all levels of employee, ‘Communicating about Cancer‘ training is delivered by Cancer Support UK during a half day session, at your place of work. The training covers subjects such as:
- Basic cancer awareness
- Side effects of cancer and cancer treatments
- Physical and emotional side effects of cancer
- Confidence in talking to people living with cancer
- What’s helpful to say and what’s not so helpful
- Looking after your own emotional wellbeing
Cancer Support UK trainers have extensive experience of delivering cancer information and awareness to a wide range of audiences.
For bookings and further information please complete the enquiry form below.